07 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, Ford blows it.

Bringing out a larger, heavier, V8 powered SporTrac doesn't make much sense when gas is $3.00 a gallon and rising...

Seeing that the V8 will be optional, I don't see what the big deal is. Also consider that it should be mated to the six speed automatic so fuel economy may not be horrible. If the demand isn't there, I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly difficult for Ford to drop the V8 option and tweak the 4.0L. JMHO though

I know people with full size pickups with v-8's that are getting better gas milage then I am with the v-6 in the ST. I think the v-8 does not have to work as hard to exert the same amount of energy as the v-6, especially under the load of hauling or towing. Probably not much of a difference on the highway, but I have nothing to base that on. I do know that you dont use much of your engines power once you are cruising at highway speed.

Would be nice if the V8 was configured to shut down 4 cylinders during hwy driving like it does on some of the Dodge V8's.

I'm hoping the 07 will come with choices for auto or manual v6 or v8, I bet Ford just LOVES keeping us guessing! :huh::wacko::blink::D that zebra didn't look as big *tall* or as long as the 150. I sure liked it though! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts