07 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Torres

Reaction score
Some one might have already mentioned this but it looks like Ford finally put some '07 Sport Trac info on their website. Unfortunately there's not much content and nothing really new compared to what people on this site already know.

Now that they're offering the V8, it's almost silly to go with the V6, it just doesn't have enough power to propel a 4500 pound truck. Of course I guess if you really need better gas mileage, the V6 would probably be better. Gas mileage isn't NEARLY as fun as a good burnout every now and then...but it's a bit friendlier to the wallet. ;)

My friend has a full size 2000 Tundra with a v8 and gets better gas milage then i do with the '01 ST.

I think the v6 just has to work so hard to get that close to 5000 lbs going, especially in stop and go traffic in NYC. Might be surprised that a v8 will not have to work as hard and might be very comparable in gas milage.

The big question is still: Will the slide down rear window be in the initial '07 release?!?!?!?????

It's possible the rear window may still make it to production. I was told by oneFord person, it's probably will not on Job 1, but then again it is possible. The Trac we saw, was like "ok lets get this ready for show and down to Texas." Job 2, 07 we were told would have the rear window & Some other cool toys as well to be offered as options. I know the Ford folks we had contact with at the Dallas meet were VERY interested in what we had to say and our thoughts and comments on what we thought of the prototype on display. I thought someone said something about the auto transmission was improved on the 07. Specifically on the V8 model.

I remember asking Mr Howard, at the proving grounds, if the 07 Trac would give us "choices, like v6 or v8, auto/manual transmision?" He grinned and said, "I can't tell you that"

I'm hoping the proving grounds are not shut down out here. I love catching glimpes of what rolls down I 40 and I 95 at times. Even though, these things are under cover. I still "know" what they are driving. :) Can't wait to see what 07/08 brings! :)

Special note to ford:

If there's no operable rear window, I'm not getting a new one. I can even forgive that VW style drippy chrome grille, but the rear window was a big point for me and I use it *every* day.