07 ST MP3 Connections

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony F

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just bought an 07 ST and it has the factory 6-disc cd player and it says MP3 on the face, I checked the owners manual and it says to use the MP3 push AUX. I understand all that, the problem I'm having is finding where the connection is for the MP3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

I could be wrong, but the MP3 lable on the radio head unit means that if you have recorded songs in the MP3 format on a CD the player will play them.

Greg

I have the same stereo in my mustang, except it has the AUX button, then I can hook my Ipod up directly. I was under the impression it ST would do the same~

Look inside the center console, down in the front of the box should be an AUX jack and/or a USB port. Plug your I-Pod into one or the other, Select "media" on the face of the radio. Choose "user device" on the touch screen. Press "input" on the screen and "usb" or something will show in the little box for your I-Pod. Have fun..... BC

The early 07's did not have the input jack in the console till the Job 2 Sport Tracs were built with new option of the power back window and the recessed door pulls in the armrests, as well as the pull handles. I believe they were added around June 06 build dates, explaining the different answers on an 07 Trac.

We say we have Job 1 1/2...LOL~

Ours was built as a Job 1, but had the late option of the rear down window (but not the recessed door pulls). We ordered ours before Job 2 started.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the MP3 label on the radio and the AUX button on the right side next to the menu button. I don't have a touch screen, there is no input jack on the console anywhere that I can find. I looked in the center console and didn't see an input jack anyplace. Just bought the truck and Im still trying to figure out everything with it.

Thanks,

Anthony

My 07 has the jack on the front side of the center console. I've heard that only SOME of the 07's had them. I'm one of the lucky ones.

Wasn't there a project on how to add one?

Oh well, you can't win them all...I will have to get a book on it and figure the damn thing out.

Thanks all for your input.

Anthony

the first 07 did not come with them....

the second 07 and up had it by the cig lighter..

the newer trucks have it inside the center console..

Todd Z

My 07 ST ltd has the 6 CD changer, MP3 radio with the AUX selection button but no jack. They didn't come on the first models. nor did the roll down back windows. There are aftermarket kits but they are expensive.