'07 Stock ST City MPG Poll

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Mc

Reaction score
Hey all. Since I don't see a poll feature, I'm curious as to what people are getting on their ST's. If you have any mods, please list them. I'm looking for baselines and performance increases if anyone has installed a TB, cat-back, etc.

I'm sad right now due to the fact that I only get 13.4 MPG city. I have the v6 4x4 XLT model. No current mods.

Sounds like my 07 V8 around town mileage. I have not reset the mileage computer since new. Am approaching 13.5k now, and the MPG says 16.8, but I ahve been doing a lot of highway recently..

I wish I had the v8 if that's the case. Least then I wouldn't feel bad putting extra money in it on mods to get a little better performance. I love the window sticker saying 15. If the window says 15, that should be the worst case scenario. :) Highway driving it jumps to about 19. I think summer will be worse for me due to AC and such.

^ Lol. We will just poll it the old fashion way.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the mods your looking to do, seems to me you like to keep you foot on the front bumper like i do !!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

The Tb's have been getting 2-3 more MPG....

Exhaust and intake would help, but the cost is not going to save you any thing for a couple of years..

Todd Z

On my '07 v6 4x4 i'm getting around 16 city and 18 highway. ive got a little over 13,000 on it right now and have been around that mileage the whole time. I could probably get better mileage but i'm always racing my friend m3 bmw. needless to say i always lose but its still fun.

I want to race, but then I'd drop down to 9 MPG. Maybe if I took the body off and just left the frame.. I may win once or twice haha.

Todd, you have a PM bud.

Totally stock - April thru September -

8087 miles/14.83 MPG/23.53 MPH average

Change to 89 Octane fuel - September thru October

3306 miles/16.35 MPG/24.57 MPH average

XCal2 tune from Torrie (site sponsor) - October to December

1364 miles/17.89 MPG/24.33 MPH average

I post these results as info only -- but --- I do like my XCal2 with Torrie's tune

Terry

The message center for all tanks, on average, MPG is .5 high and gallons used is .4 low.

Totally stock - April thru September -

8087 miles/14.83 MPG/23.53 MPH average

Change to 89 Octane fuel - September thru October

3306 miles/16.35 MPG/24.57 MPH average

XCal2 tune from Torrie (site sponsor) - October to December

1364 miles/17.89 MPG/24.33 MPH average

I post these results as info only -- but --- I do like my XCal2 with Torrie's tune

Terry

The message center for all tanks, on average, MPG is .5 high and gallons used is .4 low.

Ghosty, '07 V8 Limited, only mod is dual exhausts, magnaflow single in, dual out, so not really dualed all the way. Anyway, I'm like A1cntrler, 18,000 miles on the truck, 8000 since I reset the MPG computer deal, it is reading 17.0 mpg. I'm about 50/50 highway and city. I love this truck. (I know, I know, I've said it before!!)

V8 4x2, 5600 miles as of today, I'm averaging 14.2mpg with a mix of highway/city driving, but really more highway to and from work. Satisfied, so far, I guess, but think it will go up with the milage. I have only put a K&N replacement filter and the Magnaflow muffler on it.

07 v8 4x4 I don't live in a city but we do a lot of short trips. 14 to 15,17 to 19 highway and 6.4 to 8.8 pulling a trailer. Pulling the trailer I drive between 75 and 80..

I got the V8 because the mileage is the same or 1 MPG worse. I plan on pulling a small travel trailer this summer so the V8 was the way to go. However I won't be going 75 or 80 with mine!!!:wacko: