07 TRAC

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark little

Reaction score
I just finished reading the posts on options for the new ST. I am glad I bought my 04 when I did. This new trac is lacking a lot of options that a lot of us trac owners want. What was Ford thinking? No limited slip, tow hooks, low clearance for bigger tires, etc... I bought my trac for its looks and ruggedness and ability to go camping, fishing, and hunting. I sorry to say, my 04 may be the last trac I buy. Its shameful that Ford will not cater to my segment and only to the street racers!

I agee, I am pretty happy with my 04 too. It's not the end of the New Generation Trac though, I'm sure it's going to get better each year. And yes, Ford does listen. We met and talked with the designers in Dallas. They do read this forum often.

For me, I'm gonna hold out for what is coming...in oh...say...08 maybe. :)

I just wish Ford would make up their mind on which side the fuel door will be on. Go to Ford's web site and view the 2007's pictures - sometimes on the passenger side, sometimes on the driver's side (my choice). Biggest thing I hope for is a smoother ride. My daughter gets my '04 in 2 years so I'm interested in an '08. Just love the versatility.

Art,

You are right. The door switches from side to side.

Just so you know, the fuel door will be on the right side. Why? Because that is where it is on the 2006 Explorer.

Tom