~ '07+ Traction Control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
Traction Control Secret:

Press and Hold the Traction Control Button for 10 seconds, the dash display will flashe....Traction control is now turned off!

Now it is unknkown yet as to wether this turns off teh traction control totally or just for a few minutes......You may need to continue holding it to turn it off (for instance, during a Dyno run)

Play with it for a bit, you'll figure it out!

Enjoy!

Doug,

That option shuts it off ONLY till you hit 30MPH, then it kicks right back on...

Try a Burn out with it "Supposedly" off....

We could not do it in CA when we test drove the first 07's..

Todd Z

That's the case the holding it down till the dash display flashes ? I can see pressing it till the dash display comes on... But holding it down should produce a different result! A little birdie told me this is how they did a recent dyno run.

as todd said, i couldn't get my 07 V-8 to do a burn-out if my life depended on it :(

but that's ok, the sound of the magnaflow catback at w.o.t. made up for it :)

Let some one try it and see......Do it in the rain.... that will not hurt the tires....

Also has to be a 2wd... LOL

Also we were driving Gen 2 Job 1 ST's....

Todd Z

I'm sure I can get into the rain to try tomorow....gotta love the afternoon showers here in fl

I can definitely confirm that if you press and hold the TC switch and wait till the icon starts to flash then release it the traction control is disabled, I know mine at that point will spin the tires continuous on wet pavement or on loose gravel.

Doing this is supposed to turn off the TC and the RSC but I think the RSC re-engages above 35mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gavin,

Under the truck...

Todd Z

Latest posts