07 Transmission bumping

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Hay

Reaction score
Hi All ! ,

I've been reading some off the messages about the transmissions on the 07. My ST 07has this same issue. It is not always present .I've have'nt taken it to the dealer yet. I traded my 2000 S-10 chevy blazer in on the new Sport trac. Love the truck ,but having some concerns. I ended up replacing the transmission on the blazer, then traded it in. Now maybe i'll be dealing with transmission issues again. Im a little relunctent to bring it to the dealer just yet,since the bumping/clunking dose'nt happen all the time. I notice it most when I accelerate slowly when it shifts from 1st into 2nd or vice a versa from 2nd downshifting back to 1st gear, but again when I goingreally slow. Push on the pedal & its smooth as silk. I guess Illhave to change my driving habbits & drive like a bat out of hell LOL.;) I know we have a good warrenty on the drive train, so I think I'll wait to see if there will be a recall. Maybe my ST transmission is a slow learner. Have fun to all ,

Don

Some others' have had te same problem. I think they got there dealer to reprogram the trans. Maybe they will chime in..

I had a problem initially with stalling on take-off with my '07. The dealer reprogrammed the trans back in February. Since then, no problems stalling, but I get the bumping right before it stops (like getting hit from behind).

I was told by the dealer the computer had to re-learn the shifts,but after a few weeks, it started getting worse (stopping only). Last week I unplugged the battery for a few hours, and stopping improved a lot, although there is a slight bump when I come to stop. Still no problems taking off.

I'm going to the dealer next week to have them look at this again. I'm going to ask them to make sure it takes off AND stops without any stalling/bumping. I'll post when I'm done with the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a TSB, Jan 23, 07, on the exact condition you're describing. Take it to the dealer, they plug it in, and all better. I have a list in my hand of all the TSBs on the '07.

Thanks to all , My concerns are that this dose'nt happen all the time & I don't want the dealer to make it worse than it is. Kinda like If it ain't broke don't fix it. Still love the truck. My gas milage stinks, but I do alot of short drives. Thankx , Don

Not sure what TSB is. Could you let me Know so that the dealer dose'nt realize how much of an IDOIT that I am :D Thank you ,

Don

On my way to work today, I let off me gas pedal and then WHAM! It sounded as if my transmission was coming apart from the undercarriage. I am gonna take my ST in to have it looked at.