07 Transmission question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on whether or not I should install a transmission drain plug on 07 limited with the 6R tranny? I want to drop the pan and drill a hole and install a Fumoto drain valve in the OEM pan. I am reluctant as I am concerned with how this would be perceived by the Dealer or Ford, should I need warranty work or even tranny replacement down the road. I would only use Mercon SP (Ford spec, semi synthetic fluid). Any comments? Thanks, /Brad

brad, i would be concerned about the warranty issue. i am almost certain they would void any tranny related problem due to it.

btw, thanks for the info on the magnaflow as i am very happy with it

There is a dipstick on the 07, it is part of the drain plug assembly. See my post

"07 6R transmission service" on 8/19/2007 it has pics. If I dropped the pan I would collect all the drained fluid and carefully measure how much was drained. This would be my re-fill spec to check against the dipstick reading. /Brad

i would also be reluctant to do it because of potential for Ford to push back in regards to warranty. I say play it safe and at least wait until you are almost through the factory warranty period.

I would go for the drain plug. It is more secure, than the valve. Trans fluid doesnt get changed as often. I have had drain plugs while in warranty. At least they know you are servicing the trans.

In order for them to deny warranty coverage, they would have to prove that your drain plug or valve caused the failure. You do not have to prove that the valve didn't cause the failure. The onus would be on Ford.

Read Magnusson-Moss Act.

Latest posts