'07 V-8 Flatspot from idle.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '07 Sport Trac has none of those problems. Idle is at 550 - 600 RPM, Transmission is smooth as silk with no noticable lag. So hopefully that PCM flash upgrade will fix it up.

:D

Brian,

You have the V6 in your 2007 Sport Trac. I think the bulk of the problems are with the V8 engine.

...Rich

I have an early '97 Vette, first year that the Throttle By Wire was put in that car, and never had a hesitation. In my opinion, emissions weren't as tight then. I think with the newer cars, manufacturers are concerned about unburned emissions as well as gas milage and TBW is the perfect way to control is. I have a feeling that the colder weather is causing denser air to be detected by the MAF, resulting in more fuel being injected for the correct mixture, but it's detected as unburned fuel by the O2 sensor, resulting in slower application of throttle by the PCM. Just a guess. My Vette with throw black smoke when cold in the winter with full throttle and never lets up. The exhaust tip on my ST isn't even sooty yet.

Brian,

You have the V6 in your 2007 Sport Trac. I think the bulk of the problems are with the V8 engine.

...Rich

You didn't read my signature! The 4.6 3V means a 292HP V8 :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator: