'07 V8 - Ford Comes Thru

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you'll remember, my '07 ST V8 has been making loud ticking, fluttering, whistling noises since day one. (I have not posted for months because I really believed I would become an x-Ford/ST owner after less than a year.)

After 8 months of repeated inspections, down time and complaining, Ford is giving me a new V8 for my '07 ST. They've delivered it to my dealer and the install starts Monday. I'm pleased to admit that, in the end, the dealer stepped up and pressed the issue with Ford. The final straw was when the regional engineer arrived (after 4-5 months of waiting) and insisted that the engine be replaced. My faith is restored (and it didn't take law suit threats to get them to rollover.) Amazing.....

Good deal, glad they are fixing it...

Todd Z

Flyer, while it's in there you might as well inquire about getting the latest PCM programming uploaded to your ST. It's gauranteed to put more pep in your ST's step. Inquire about TSB 07-10-12 which resolves several V8 driveability issues. Myself and several others have already had it done and they can all atest to the improved performance.

See Lil Red's library for additional informations......(that sounds like a commercial):lol:

great news, it's good to know that they stand by their product. although it most have been a frustrating wait until they delivered

Glad to hear it. I wish it could have been resolved sooner but you stuck it out. Hopefully this is where the buck stops. I had a factory V8 engine swap at 850 miles in my '07. The new engine was perfect. Good luck and keep us informed.

Friends of ours had a Aerostar 4x4 that was giving him problems. After months of fighting with Ford, they gave him a brand new one. A few weeks ago, he called wanting to borrow my trailer. He was finally taking the replacement van to the car lot in the sky. (scrap yard)

So 375,000 miles on the odometer and 15 years or so, the van finally died. Not because of the engine or tranny, but he dumb kid wrecked it.

I am sure you will be pleased with everything and your Sport Trac will last you many years to come.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the details on TSb 07-10-12 or know where I can get it? I tried searching for it but can't seem to locate it. I had the PCM reprogrammed using the first TSB a while ago but it still shift very hard on take off. Will this new TSb help with this problem?

KB0YKG de N3GWZ See the link below, OM, for the TSB! Yes, it will make shifting much smoother! Much! It also fixes the MPG AVG which is innacurate, etc. I just took it in and said that the MPG AVG was wrong, showed them the TSB, had an appt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked the Trac up, Tuesday night - new V8 installed. Butta..! Nuthin but smooth V8 power sounds, this time. Pulls stronger, accelerates much better. There was something definitely wrong with the original. S'all good now. Thanks Colonial Ford (CT), and FOMOCO, for making it happen.

Latest posts