07 V8 ST's & exploders

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracn Black

Reaction score
Just got back for the dealer and there is a service bulletin out on the 06 exploders and 07 ST's with the V8 engine... they will re-program / flash your computer in your truck @ no charge. this is due to the transmission.

Next time you have your truck at the dealer, have them do it!! It shifts MUCH smoother

Just a quick FYI

Also when your there, have them re-charge the a/c unit w/ freon.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
And, if your using the SCT Xcal 2 you better flash it back to the stock tune or have the possibility of loosing warranty if they find the ECU has been tampered. Plus, your performance tune will be overwritten anyways when they flash the ECU.

Chris, where did you find this info on the re-program/flash of the new ST? And if it is true to ALL new STs, then why didn't my dealer inform me of this? Not doubting your knowledge, guy,,,,,,,just wondering why I didn't here about this? Thanks, in advance for any input you can give me,,,,,,Mark

TSB- the dealer doesn't have to notify everyone that it effects. It's your responsibility and this site provides that informatin with the TSB announcements listed under "Recalls/TSBs" Hopefully, it's listed on the TSB Site. Unless it's a recall, Ford will send you documentation on the recall item(s).

Wasn't this discussed before........... :wacko:

Yes, this is definatel;y a dup. The TSB number was also cited in the previous discussion. This issue is supposed to only apply to STs built before 5/4/2006. (supposedly):)

Latest posts