Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was job 3....

Todd Z

Job 4, actually.

I say Job 4, as there are 4 (at least) ordering guides for the '07 model year, and the window isn't listed as standard until the 4th one. In all previous years, a new guide is issued for every 'Job', although some years have 3, yet we, at this site, only recognize two jobs for that particular model year.

I have a job 1 07, ordered early in June of 06, and it wasn't even listed as an option, if I remember correctly. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the dealer, here locally, in Hanford CA didn't even mention it, even after I said I was interested in ordering that option. ?????????? Still in the dark about that, because all previous STs had it, I thought,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark

I looked closer, and Job 3 is correct. There were 4 guides issued for '07, but one of them was just an update to change "Sport Trac" to "Explorer Sport Trac", hardly a Job-changeover.

Cubber-

Job 1 '07s didn't have a power sliding rear window available until Job 2. All previous STs had them as standard. For '07 Job 1 they weren't available, Job 2 they were optional for all models, and Job 3 saw the option become standard on Limited. For '08, the power rear glass is again standard for all models.

Are the 08's Job 4? If so, then the answer would be Job 4 since the 08 models will include the power rear window on ALL models........hence it's no longer an option just like it was on Gen 1 STs.

I think Job 3 is correct. It is my understanding Job 3 was started in August 06 and I received my 07 ST with the power window at the beginning of September. Job 3 also had the auxillary input on the console. I originally had a Job 2 on order but specifically waited for those two extra features.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does one determine what "job" their vehicle is? Based on the info above, my 07 must be a job 1 or 2 - as I have a limited, but no power rear window.

I think Tiger and Lil Red are closest to being correct. I believe the power rear window became standard on the Limited near the end of Job 2 production. I have a Job 3 Limited that was ordered in mid Nov 06 and delivered in Jan 07. It had the power rear window as standard equipment but the base price was adjusted accordingly. Before I placed the order I recall seeing Job 2 Limiteds in dealer inventories that had the power rear window listed as standard equipment on their window stickers and the window sticker stated "Job 2".

Latest posts