08 Adrenalin Stereo Install Questions... Dingo?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick run down on what I need to do to pull out my stock nav unit in my 08 STA? I need to get at the speaker leads....

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
2 screws in console top under console lid. Chrome ring around shifter. Lift. Mostly grab and pull after that.

Dingo, since you've had your doors off, is there any recollection as to how much space is behind the door panel above where the side window control is on both sides of the vehicle? The very top of door pretty much... Im thinking about setting a tweeter there, and its enough diameter, just dont know yet as to whats behind there...

thanks!

I got the Audiocontrol LC7, Speedwire and Custom Wiring from KnuKonceptz, as JL Audio 300/4v2 and a 500/1v2 and 1 13 TW5's coming... cant wait. Ill post all my questions here instead of making a new thread... Thanks in advance for the help ;)

I was just thinking about something... If I run the speed wire for all the speaker leads to the Audiocontrol and then run it back to connect to speaker leads... how many leads are going to each door? Is there 2 sets in each door? I need to hook up a tweeter and a mid in each door.

One pair to each door. Put the crossover in the door. Done.

In reference to your other question, it depends on exactly where in the door you mean. The door metal on the 2nd gens is odd.

Yeah thats what I was thinking I would have to do, even though I dont want to do that.

Thanks!

PS - Does the factory headunit have a diagram as to what wire is what once I have it out?

So I got my wiring now including the speedwire... What I need to know is if anyone knows the colors of the speaker wires on the back of the factory unit?

Also, Dingo, where is the best place to tap into the sub wiring that needs to go to the audiocontrol? And what color are the wires?

And another thing Dingo, lol, since I know you are expereinced in this stuff, but do I need to connect the leads from ALL speakers to the Audiocontrol? Or do I just need the fronts and the sub?

Thanks!

No idea on colors, as I used a harness. I ran all 4 speaker wires, so I could keep the fader. Tap the sub wires between the factory sub and the factory sub amp. I think I covered it all.

Mine is a Parrot bluetooth harness that I "modified." Metra makes both harnesses you need, though.

The amp is on the side of the box.

Rock on Dingo, thanks a ton!

I might just cut the wires themselves. I only solder connections and shrink tube, so it wont be messy.

Is the summing of the channels pretty simple and accurate by using the methods in their manual (on the audiocontrol)?

I'm sure I can figure this out, but is there a good place to drill out my 0ga wire hole through the firewall, other than just down by the pedals?

I like to plan before I go digging around, the less I need to remove parts etc on the vehicle the more "factory" everything is installed. So it's much appreciated that you have a lot of the answers I'm requiring. Plus im sure there is going to be other people having these kind of questions down the road.

You don't want to sum anything.

My power wire goes straight down from the battery, through the frame rail to the back of the cab, and then up next to the amp box.

Got somewhat motivated... Installed new battery terminals and upgraded the ground wire to 0ga wire. Terminals are Knukonceptz.com.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Someone might know the answer to this, but there is something called a "big three" which is a grounding/power upgrade to 0ga. To do this, I believe its upgrading the battery to chassis to 0ga, the alternator to battery to 0ga, and battery to engine to 0ga. Question is, in the STA the alternator wire looks to be a decent size, Im not sure upgrading to 0ga is worthwhile when only pushing about 1600W RMS + Factory Electronics... whatcha think?