08 Ford Escape at L.A. auto show

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
08 Ford Escape revealed at L.A. autoshow. Looks good to me, but then again, so does the Freestyle and Five Hundred. So opinions will vary. Check it out for yourself:

the redesign works for me. wish we could get a picture of the inside. other then that. looks good. can't wait for those special editions that they usually do. like a pioneer version or adrenaline. lol

here is a link to a picture of the escape with not as much crome on the front end. to me, it looks better then all that crome that makes it look like the nissan truck.

We have an '01 Escape. I like the roundness of the front compared to the flat with all the chrome. I think Ford is gonna loose sales on that one..jmo

Uh, no. It'll probably grow on me, but initial impressions are poor. Why is it Ford is obsessed with making interior that have now flow or style in their SUVs and trucks of late?

it looks like a combo of the Jeep Liberty and Saturn. not original at all. they had a good thing from the original body styling...too bad they had to wreck it.

I found this on that site too. A new italian mustang concept. I like it, but im not sure abou the whole roof thing.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/AutoshowArticles/articleId=117706

Boodro

That little "cap visor" over the instrument panel makes me want to hurl...

The center console looks cheap cheap cheap.

Is Ford purposely sabotaging the Escape to encourage more Explorer sales?

"The Escape is about the freedom of the road and the trail," said Cisco Codina, group vice president, North America Marketing, Sales and Service. "It's about employing science and technology to make driving safer and greener. And it brings together nearly all of the Way Forward strategies we are following to make the Ford brand even stronger."

"trail"?? Will we be seeing the Escape on the Rubicon Trail? Does Ford really think they have an off-road vehicle here?

What is "Way Forward"? What happened to "Bold Moves", "Quality is Job One", "Better Idea", etc.?

"This is no doubt our quietest Escape ever," said Usha Raghavachari, Escape marketing manager. "From redesigned side mirrors and roof rails that generate less wind resistance, or wind noise, to 50 percent thicker carpet in the interior cabin and the use of all-new acoustic glass, all have helped reduce noise in the cabin."

What is "acoustic glass"?

"Making side impact air bags and stability control standard is the right thing to do for our customers," said Codina. "It brings us closer to our goal of having such features standard on all of our retail products in North America by 2009.

Uh-- it is also the LAW.

The 2008 Escape is believed to be the first U.S. automotive application of seating surfaces made from 100 percent post-industrial materials, supplied by InterfaceFABRIC, Inc.

Hmmmm.

Looks like Ford is doing it again.

Someone needs to die. Die Ford designers...DIE!!!

Looks like I will end up with a 2007 Escape/Mariner afterall. The 2008 Escape is flat out ugly. Chrome...F@#KING ChROME!!!

Tom

Tommy said:

Looks like I will end up with a 2007 Escape/Mariner afterall. The 2008 Escape is flat out ugly. Chrome...F@#KING ChROME!!!

Tom

Drive the 08 Escape bud...you will not look back. :cool:

Hey - dang, looks like the DESIGNERS designed in an in-car eating flap on the center console. SWEET.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive the 08 Escape bud...you will not look back.

I refuse to ride in a vehicle that looks like S#!t. I don't care about how nice it rides, how good it feels, yaddie, yaddie, yaddie. I don't care!!!

I want something that looks nice. Ford is f@#king up the truck and SUV line. Now is not the time to have blind and retarted vehicle designers working for Ford.

Tom