09' STA Tire Sensor Fault

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len Jorgenson

Reaction score
I have a "Tire Sensor Fault" up on my display now, and from other posts, it sounds like this may be a dead battery in one of the tire pressure sensors. Does anyone know if these batteries can be replaced, and if so, what battery do they take? I've tried the reset procedure, which did nothing to clear the alarm. If possible, I'll replace all four batteries next time the tires come off.

Thanks, Len

I have seen vids of it done. Not an easy job. You will have to buy new bands, as the oem will have to be cut.
I suggest getting a tire shop to check it. If you have to, I would replace with aftermarket stem type. They are cheaper than ford.
That it from what seen from online shoping and discount tire in my area. Thought I needed to do that for my GF. After rim replacement. The salvaged rim only had to be calibrated to her escape though.

The aftermarket multi frequency sensors ( Valve stem style) are cheep now and can be installed by any tire place....
My place uses the Autell MX sensor... Not that cheep ( 300 for the set installed) but they work mint...

Amazon sells the ford OEM sensor for about $50...… Programing needs to be done.... I have the tool but that's like $20 or any dealer can do..

After enjoying the tire sensor fail light for 5 years, I finally had mine replaced with the aftermarket valve stem type 3 months ago. So far, so good, but I have not tested them by letting air out of a tire.