1/2 second slower...1/4 mile

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
took my V-8 260 hp toy 4runner to e-town last night for a few 1/4 mile runs.

conditions were less then ideal (high humidity and over 80 degrees).

best run was a 15.7.

when i took my 07 V-8 trac last year under ideal conditions the best run was a 16.2.

both are heavy 4X4's and the 4runner is 32 less HP. the 4runner is stock and the trac was stock with the exception of a magnaflow cat-back.

under ideal conditions, i should be able to get the 4runner in the lower 15's.

just curious as to why the 4runner is at least a 1/2 second better.

maybe just a quicker way of moving foward ;)

either way, we have to agree that neither vehicle gains much from the mods and are not built for 1/4 runs :eek:

btw, some of the civics were pissed, because they were beat by a big fat heavy truck :lol:

just curious as to why the 4runner is at least a 1/2 second better.

Weight.

Toyota's are not built as strong, therefore they are lighter. Lighter=faster. Gearing is another. With smaller and lighter gears because of the lighter build quality, lighter mass=more power=faster vehicle.

Tom

4runner weighed a lil' over 4825 last night with me in it (195).

forgot what a fully loaded 07 4X4 trac weighed, but it must be close.

as far as build quality for the toy, this dispute will never end. a poor attempt as an explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearing, Power band, tire diameter, wind resistance, transmission gears, throttle drive by wire controll.

IT ALL comes into play on this....

Todd Z

todd,

agree with rich on the gearing, the tire diameter, wind, throttle drive by are pretty much non factors with this kind of times and vehicles, imo.

rich,

my 15.9 was 2.34 and the 15.7 was 2.368

mph on the 15.7 was 86.74

my neck still hurts :lol::lol:

Gear ratios likely play part. The 6-speed seems to have pretty wide splits. Probably a little weight difference. I seem to recall the ST being just over 5k actual. The Toyota produces good torque numbers. The programmed shift points and engine tuning are definitely not aggressive for the ST. Probably just a little bit of a lot of things.

it can be a 30 second vehicle or a 10 second vehicle....

IT ALL MATTERS ,....

But you know all, so I am done here..

Todd Z

I did a 14.8 sec @ 98mph in my bone stock 2008 Avalon @ International Speedway ICT.

Even though everyone said I should be more than happy with the results, I thought I knew better. Hell, on the highway when I romp on the long pedal, it "feels" like I get to 100 in about 1/2 that !4.8 time!

Next up the 04 MR2 I bought for my daughter!!!!! hELLA kOOL RIDE!!!!!!!!

BTW gary...are you asking or telling? Just asking because Todd just blew you off as a "no" it all:huh: Well before Tom chimed in?????????????? You're loosing your touch...:p

tom,

2010 limited 4X4 is listed at 4583 curb weight. where did you get your info????

dave,

nice :D

next up, the mr2 vs my fiero gt :p

eddie,

posting why the trac is at least 1/2 seecond slower.

what is so wrong with that? :huh:

No malice towards you Gary. It just seems since you switched. Some of your threads have the Nah,Nah. IMO. I could be wrong.

Sometimes I think that is why Tom jumps on you.:)

gary? You "switched"? Switched to what? Last I knew, your "newest" vehicle was a FORD Escape?

Remember the old Tareyton cig commercials? I'd rather fight than switch...

dave,

:lol:

come on now, i knew you wanted the mr2, not your daughter.

now off to the track to see it run against the american fiero ;)

eddie,

i sold a toy matrix for a ford escape, no nah nah here.

that is ok for tom to "jump" on my loyality to toyota. their products work very well for me and it is the best choice for my company.

notice how tom does not respond when he is corrected, the trac does not weigh well over 5k lbs.

gary, although, I'd love to whip your Fiero on a track :)unsure:), I'd most likely need several days to un-stove myself from driving it to meet you after driving it so far. NOT something I'd like to take on a long haul, but damn it's fun to Zoom around town in!:p

But you know all, however, I am not done here..

:lol:

BTW gary...If you forego the Super Sized Double Quarter Pounder meal until AFTER your run, you may be able to make up that 1/2 sec on your next run!!!!:p

Just a thought...

2010 limited 4X4 is listed at 4583 curb weight. where did you get your info????

Yea, you are right. I am sorry. I know my 4x2 Trac, made in 2001 weighed more than 5000 LBS when I was hauling 8,000 LB trailer to the junk yard. of course, this was a 2002 Sport Trac without a front differential, transfercase, side airbags, and smaller body than the new models.

Of course, what do I know? You "no" it all.

Tom