106 mph and still pulling???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, i was just yesterday trying to find a way to go over 96mph in my 04 adrenalin. i have a 40minute ride home from work, and the wife called and said something was wrong with my daughter they were heading to the hospital.. boy was i p*ssed when i topped out at 96mph.. so i locked the cruise at 95.. ill pay whatever it takes to reprog. my ecu to go higher. any takers?

simplymike,

We have two site sponsors that provide what you are looking for.

[email protected]

and doug at bamachips

Last edited by a moderator:
todd,

you remember passing me on the southern state. i think you spent way to much time at fantasy land in disney world :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry guys, but no stock V6 Sport Trac will do over about 110 MPH even if the speed limiter was not set at the factory, which I doubt has happened since the 2001 Job1's.

So if you are seeing speedometer readings above that, you are seeing some very poor speedometer calibration, or you are smoking something, in which case you probably should not be driving...and not at that speed.

Ya, Ya, I know. Everyone swears they drove their ST up to 150 MPH up a 30% grade against the wind, during a blizzard with 2 feet of snow on the ground.

If you actually did see the speeds you claim, it was simply the ECU having a brain-fart.

When you hit about 96 MPH in an ST, it will feel like someone shut your ignition off It will remain off even when you slow down until you take your foot off the gas. Then the engine will act like you just took you foot off the gas. When you step on the gas again, it will start to build up speed again, until it hits 96 MPH and it will again just shut off the engine.

There is no bucking or or missing, it just shuts off and starts to slow down. If the engine is running I can't hear it and there appears to be no power coming from the engine until I lef off the gas then you hear and feel the engine running as the truck slows down...It's a very strange and unusual feeling to have the power cut so quickly and completely.

...Rich

I'm sorry guys, but no stock V6 Sport Trac will do over about 110 MPH even if the speed limiter was not set at the factory, which I doubt has happened since the 2001 Job1's.

I have had my Trac at over 125 MPH. My GPS was sitting on the dash. My GPS is accurate.

I only have a chip and a K&N FIPK. Essentially stock.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen,

I said a stock ST could not exceed 110 MPH A reprogrammed chip is NOT stock.

I did not include different tire sizes in my calculations, and I admitt that I only used the 4:10 rear axle ratio That could account for a few more MPH which could bump it up to maybe 115 MPH max.

My point was that people which stock Sport Tracs will have the speed limiter in place and they will not be able to acheive the speeds they think they are getting. I know my own Sport Trac speedometer would read a good 5-6 MPH too hight at speeds over 70 MPH. So those guys can put all the K&N filters, Cat back exhaust, fancy plug wires, etc and they still will not get by the speed limiter unless they get the ECU reprogrammed.

If they are seeing speeds beyond about 96-100 MPH with a bone stock Sport Trac that is not one of the 2001 Job1's they are seriously daydreaming.

...Rich