12v Power Outlet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Sputa

Reaction score
Just bought a '07 ST Limited. The power outlet on the front of the center storage compartment is wired to be "always on". Has anyone mounted a power outlet on either side of the transmission shift lever console - kind of by the right outside of your lower leg calf (for the driver)? I would like this new outlet to be only "on" when the ignition is "on" - not all the time. i would like to keep the GPS and radar detector plugged in so they turn on when the truck is on. I have no idea how to remove the lower panel or even if there is enough room for the outlet plug. If anybody has done anything like this, an explanation (and Pictures) would be great. Thanks to all of you Sport Trackers. Don in Michigan

If I were looking to do that, I would look at wiring the radar detector and GPS themselves instead of adding the outlets. That way you could hide the wires and not have the outlets by the seat with the post sticking out for the plugs. It is a lot cleaner and easier on you.

I am at work right now, so I can't do pics, but can help later if needed. I actually added two 12v outlets in the back - one on each side of the rear seats into the rear comparments. They are for road trips for laptops, etc. It is easy to wire them in - whichever way you choose... :)

David

Latest posts