12volt rear aux input

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just started using my aux 12 volt in the rear of my truck. And now its not working i was thinking i probly blew a fuse but idk where or what number it is. And yes i looked in the manual and i still found nothing. id appreciate anyones help. thx

According to my 2003 wiring diagram, it is f1-27, 20Amp.2nd to the left from the blower motor relay, 2nd in from the edge of the box. About 1/2 way along the length of the fuse box.

On an 02 would there be the same fuse? Mine also does not work, and the only fuse I knew that controlled that was the one on the interior fuse panel, which was the 20 amp fuse #17, iirc. Since I know that is good, I guess I'll look into the possibility of the under hood fuse.

Location #27 of the Power Distribution Box is the fuse for the rear power port / jack.

The power distribution box is in the engine compartment. It contains

high-current fuses that protect the main electrical systems from

overloads.

I have the same issue on my 05

I think I last used it, last fall about Holloween.

The inside fuse panel one, I believe protects all of the lighter outlets.

Mine was fine.

I'll actually checkmine today also.

Thanks

Yep that was it. Switched the rear fuse witt he other power point fuse and I now have power in back.

Switched back, till I get a new 20V fuse.

Any ideas as to why this would have blowen?

I have a cap so it's not like water get's back there.

Thanks as always guys.

Hallelujah! I pulled out the fuse, stuck that sucker back in, and now I have power at the rear outlet

BTW, what are your opinions on those fuses that light up when they blow?

Latest posts