13 MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with dreman - lighter foot.

I've posted several gas mileage posts in the past few months. My 07 V8 gets anywhere from 13 - 18 city and 19 - 24 highway (even got 26 on a trip to the Keys - a constant 45 mph).

Heavy foot = lower mpg (city)

Slower speeds = higher mpg (highway)

It really REALLY depends on the foot action.

In your defense however, when I have an extra $20.00 to throw away and want to have some fun, the V8 really kicks @$$.

chris,

i get high 13's on my 07 V-8 limited 4X4 as well. imo, a k&n will not help. in my case it is mostly highway driving but when i did drive to florida i was getting about 16mpg's. it might be my heavy foot :D

Whew,

I get about 17-18 around town in my '07 V6. Drove to Disney last month and got 22 on the highway (75 mph, cruise control on).

Watch the heavy foot and check your tire pressure.

I have 07 v8 with Bama Tunes; Magna flow exhaust; running premium gas and get 17 around town and 21 on the highway here in AZ. It is hard not to put my foot in to it. I like the sound and can time the shifts by letting up on the gas.

ChrisBac...there is your answer. Your PSI in the tires being that low can play a part in mpg. Put them up around the 40 psi mark, and your mileage will improve,,,,,,,,,,,just my two cents.

I have a 07 V8 17-18 city, and 22-24 hwy depending is I drive 62mph or 80mph.

I do not have a light foot but I must not have a lead weight foot like most people on here LOL :D

Tim

Will bumping the tire pressure up to 40 help that much?

I keep mine around 35 and I get around 14 MPG.

05 XLT-P 4.0, 4x4, 4:10 LS, Volant and DynoMax replace stock muffler with 93 Bama tune.

Latest posts