140 Miles Left on the Warranty and it Takes a Dump!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Well, my '03 Adrenalin ran fine all weekend and last week, even through the -8 degree weather. Tonight on my way home, it stalled on me going down the highway and hardly has any power. The idle is real rough and the tach bounces from ~300 to 500 rpm.

Guess I'll take her in to the dealer tomorrow and leave her. She's got 140 miles until the warranty runs out (35,600).

No check engine light. Maintenance is all current (fuel filter replaced about 8,000 miles ago). I have about 1/4 of a tank of super unleaded that I filled up and ran OK since Sunday morning. Weather today is 40 degrees and dry.

Any ideas?

Gavin, it is a good thing it dumps now than 141 miles later ...glad you still have some warranty left.

I'll let you all know what my friendly Ford dealer tells me tomorrow.

Pray that it either gets fixed or that they have a loaded '05 Adrenaline on the lot with a trade too good to pass up! :D

Gavin,

Does your warranty run out at 35,740 miles?:blink: That's kind of strange!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was you I would find every little thing wrong you could think of and turn every one of them in while you still have warranty left. 140 miles could mean the difference between no money out of pocket and a bunch out of pocket.

It is the MAF I am on my 4th MAF ( Exact same problem). I also bought the extended warranty when the 36,000 mile warranty expired, to cover this recurring issue. But you can unplug your MAF to drive it until you fix it.

Do not have 1 mile over your warranty when you take it in!! Call them and tell them of the problem and clearly state the mileage. Make them tow it in if there is any possibility of going over the 36 k.

Went down to pick it up at the dealer. Talked to the service writer. The technician found nothing wrong with my SportTrac. No codes were in the computer. Everything was running fine. Took it for a test drive.

Wouldn't you know it.

I predict next report will be in a few days / 141 miles from now.

BTW: Thanks to Mookie for reminding me how much I suck at Math... :eek::eek::eek:

Make sure they document the problem. Keep a copy of the service record.

Mom had a problem with the power widows on her 1993 Aerostar. Right before the warranty ran out, she had the problem again. She made sure they documented everything. She kept compies. About 1,000 miles out of warranty, she had the problem again. It was fixed under warranty since a problem was documented.

Tom

Gavin--Hope it all works out to be actually nothing wrong. Mind if I ask if you took it to Kehoe Ford? So far the few times I took my truck and my wife's ST there they have taken care of everything needed, hassle free. Hope that they do the same for you if you have to go back.

Last edited by a moderator: