171/174

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Keller

Reaction score
So I got the two codes yesterday the lean bank 171/174. About a week ago I did a thorough engine clean at about 65k. I flushed the radiator with prestone radiator flush and it was still bad so i ran clorox/water through it to clean it out even more. I also took apart the intake, cleaning the throttle body and the IAC motor with carb cleaner. I then finished with the seafoam treatment through the brake booster. Everything seemed perfectly fine and I drove 250 miles from Atlanta to Columbia,SC and then the next day the CEL came on. The car runs fine, doesn't overheat, idles and starts fine and everything so what could be the problem? the PCV valve? thats what I was reading on another post but the car is running fine but it just has the annoying CEL light on the dash.

Kyle

PCV elbow first, check the valve itself. Did you clean the TB, IAC, MAF??? I just tuned mine up and did the SD coil, plugs, wires, Feul filter, PCV valve. Had the PO171 code come on and checked everything, all good swapped the coil back to stock ran it and no light. :banana::supercool::banghead:

Latest posts