17in OEM wheels on a 2001

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Carrillo

Reaction score
I have a 01 trac with 4 wack-a$$ 15in stock wheels. Now the only wheels I could find that fit my taste are the 17in oe 5-spoke off the high end 02-05 tracs. Does anyone know if those wheels will fit the 01? I know it's the same bolt pattern but not sure of the offset. Thanks.

There are no 17s for the the 02-05 Tracs. You may be talking about the 16-inch "Thumbprint" or 16-inch "Pioneer" edition rims (now standard on the 05s). In which case, they'll fit your 01 just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those wheels are on 16" in size. The regular Explorer comes with 17" wheels however, both sets will bolt up, although the offset of the regular Explorer wheels will cause the wheels, espically the rears, to tuck way up under the fenders compared to stock.

They will fit, but the set -back is wrong...you will need wheel spacers like I had to use.....1 3/4, I believe...or it may have been 2 inch...3 years, not a problem!!!

Rich, at least one of our members here has them on her ST. Have you seen it? I believe her name is "Michelle" and as pointed out above, she used spacers for proper appearance.

Just some info. for fit …

I have P265/65R17 Revos on 17x8 (steel) with 3.5” backspace. This fits fine. I could have gotten by with 3.75” backspace though.

Edit:

To clarify, that's 3.5" of backspace, not 3.5" of spacers. I had the rims made at 3.5" backspace. (it's a pseudo custom request).

It sounds like a lot of you have used spacers to fix this problem and have been good to go. But I hear spacers can degrade the strength of the axels and studs. Is that true and if so how big an impact does it have?

Looks good Michelle. That's the upgrade I am looking for. I always thought the stock 16's were just a bit too small. This is how they should push them out of the factory. What size spacers are you using?