1981 STARCRAFT RUNNING LIGHT ISSUE. HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Oliver

Reaction score
Hey,

Looking for some help diagnosing a lighting issue. After returning from a local camping trip and cleaning up the 1981 starcraft Venture pop up I decided to change a broken running light. After doing so I no longer had running lights. Brake lights and blinkers working on the trailer but no running lights. There was a blown fuse on the trailer and I replace it, but with no luck. Have found no other fuse and reconnected the wires where the light was and still no lights.

How would a multimeter tell me if I were getting power? As in checking voltage at the removed light?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get 12 volts in the socket. Perhaps when replacing the light, the reconnection you made can apart and it may be the first in line and it may jump to the other running lights from there. Check the wires near that light. You did have the parking lights in the vehicle on...correct?

If it is the correct bulb, check the socket for voltage (center pin and the socket itself). Like trtex said, could be a brittle wire broke off in the process. They are normally in parallel, so one should not kill the whole string, but who knows.....

Hey!!!

THANKS!!!

It was a grounding issue. Blew fuse #36 in the cab fuse panel. Additionally the fuse in the trailer was a 7.5 and not a a5 as needed. Ground to light was not grounding causing the blown fuses. Made correctionas and replaced fuses and all is working well.

Thanks for the input and advise much appreciated. Put another one up fo "My Sport Trac" web site.

Mark

Latest posts