1st post

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
Hello fellow Trac'ers. I've been visiting this site for quite some time to gather various amounts of information. Everyone's tips, tricks, knowledge and expertise is greatly appreciated. I've come to at least throw my hand up at other ST's.

I've never been a Ford fan but when I returned from overseas after 5 years I ran across an '01 ST with 52K for sale by an individual. He wanted to get out from under a loan and I needed a ride. After some negotiations I gave him blue book for it and the biggest deciding factor for me was the premium extended warranty. That gave me 48K or 20 months of coverage. It's been a good vehicle with some minor issues that were covered under the warranty but I'm still learning about the truck.

Currently everything is stock other than a new Pioneer MP3 head unit. I may do some mods but I'm not into spending a lot of money on material things. I'll post some pics in the library later.

Casey :cool:

OK, I'll be the first to tell you........get new shocks. You won't beleive the difference in handling and ride. If you've been reading this board, I know you've read a lot about shocks. Also, enjoy driving and using the most versitile vehichle ever made.

New Shocks?!?! Ok i'm game. What are the best ones to get and where is the best place to get them? I can do the install myself. Are there any shocks that will provide a little lift to the ST without out any other mods being done?

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Thanks for the welcome. I have changed the shocks, almost immediately. Had the radiator flushed and filled and I do oil changes and such myself.

New Michelins caused some imperfections to come out with a vibration in the rear end. Between that, a check engine light, and the left turn signal being disconnected with the tilt steering down, a visit to Ford made it worth the $100 deductable. Sensor replaced, wiring fixed and a new drive shaft. Still have a little shimmy at 64mph.

I read a different post about an out of round rear axle. I'm thinking this might be my case too. Anyone know where to have that checked out in Augusta, GA? If it is out of round I should be able to refer back to the original work order. The service center seemed to take my word and fixed what I recommended.

MikeC: I do have a bat and I am a baseball fanatic. Go Braves! Childhood dream was to play for FSU and come back to GA with the Braves. Needless to say my name is not on the back of any jersey.

Casey