2-3 Flare fix?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
I have seen people talking about the 2-3 flare problem, but i still don't quite know the fix for it...Is it the replacement of the EPC solenoid ...? or does the valve body gasget have to be replced with it aswell?(am not talking about the oil pan gastket).. If anyone know please help and let me know how hard are the soenoids to get out ur self..thanks

The 2-3 flare on my '04 Trac has got worse since the temps in Houston have droped below 50..it did not do it last winter...:(

I think Wayne's opinion may be biased, but mine's not. Yes it will help; there, a completely unbiased opinion.

Wayne, you know my paypal account...

BigD, it will help your flare problem by upping the pressure. Unfortunately tires don't last as long with the XCAL. Wayne you still owe me $1.79 for the last plug.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jay,

From what I was told, the gasket is the cause of the problem in the solenoid. It disentegrates, and becomes clogged in the solenoid valve body jet, which causes the shifting problem. So yes, you do need to replace it. Couldn't tell you how hard it is to replace, as I had my Ford dealer fix it.

Mike, Tires... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Todd Z