20' wheel + AT Tire????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Torrez

Reaction score
BF Goodrich makes the AT Ko in a 285x55x20 flavor to go with a 20" wheel. But that size tire is about the equivelent of a 32''. This would def not fit on the stock suspension. What I am thinking is that I would have to install a moderate, say 2'' lift in order to put this wheel and tire combo. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Has any one done this? I know for sure that I DO NOT want a street tire/lowered ST look with a 20" wheel. My truck is a 4x4 and is not meant to be low to the ground. Thanks all!!!

I am glad this forum respondes back when you post. ( Did you catch my sarcasim) At least when I owned a Jeep the guys over at jeepin.com were always quick to help. Is there a better form to use for a ST owner?

Sometimes you have to be patient and wait for the right person to read your question. I don't know the answers and really don't care about big tires, lifts or lowers. But, since you were so concerned about getting a response........................

tirerack.com has some options for larger wheels. It will be hard to find good off-roading tires for larger rims though. Most serious off-roaders use stock-sized rims, because they want to keep the extra rubber between the ground and their wheels, especially when they have to lower the tire pressure for certain terrains.

Latest posts