2001 Caravan front end noise?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian T

Reaction score
My wife drives a 2001 Caravan. When making right turns only the drivers side wheel makes a squeking sound. It sounds like the brake ware indicators. When applying the brake in the turn the noise goes away. The brakes and the rotors were just replaced not too long ago. When jacked up the wheel wobbles a bit from left to right, but not up and down.

I was wondering if anyone has heard this before. I'm starting to think the bearing hub is at fault, but wasn't sure. The van has 60k miles. Any suggestions? Thanks

Brian, I've had good luck getting Chrysler minivan info from the following site. Check out the 4th generation common issues thread.

My wife gets lost easy enough as it is. I couldn't emagine her only making left turns. :lol:

Thanks Rich for that site. I had found a different forum before but never received an email to make my membership final.

We had a similar problem on our Freestar when it was under warranty with only about 28K on it. Dealer replaced the drivers side hub bearing and it solved the issue. I think applying the brake pushes the weight of the vehicle more toward the back of the bearing (Kind of like 1:30-2:00 position, instead of 12:00) and not the top where the wear is most seen. The noise on ours would sometimes stop, or change pitch when the brake was applied...

Dave, That's why I thought of the bearings. When the brake is appiled it holds the wheel more.

Al Joe, Just replaced the links and the sway bar bushings last year. Fixed a major rattle in the front end.

Thanks

Latest posts