2001 Job 1 Intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Taylor

Reaction score
I've been looking at aftermarket intakes for a while now, but was waiting until I had a little more cash before making the purchase. Well the other day I finally saw a really good deal on a K&N intake on ebay and bought it. But when I went to install it, I noticed it didn't even come close to fitting. At first I thought they sent me the wrong part, so I looked online at pictures of the 2001 ST's engine online, and noticed they were all different then mine. Which is when I learned about the Job 1s and the Job 2s.

So my question is, how would I go about making this fit? Can I replace the upper portion of my motor (Intake Manifold?) with a Job 2s and do that? Or is there a kit that specifically fits the Job 1s? I really don't like being stuck with a brand new intake that I can't use.

Thanks!

You could just cut the intake tube and use a silicone coupler to make it fit.....

or get a universal front pipe and make it work ...

Todd Z

Not positive. but there should not be that much difference.

I thought that the intake and filter setup was almost the same.

I know the job 1 has 2 tubes running into the back of the intake tube. Just behind the MAF.

I was told I could have used a Job 2 intake setup if I used the breather bypass.

But I could have been told wrong.

Here is a shot of the Job 1

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah that's the style of my intake, problem is that the throttle body is a completely different style and size. Currently I have just the filter hooked up to the end of the stock intake tube.

If the angle is the same on the pipe, you only need a different rubber coupler to make it work..

Todd Z