2001 Sport Trac 4x4 5R55E Removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Anyone have the R&R manual for the transmission on my baby? I've got the book to rehab the tranny itself, thanks. Looking for a good video or PDF.

Thanks!!!!

FSMs can be found on eBay. Chilton or Haynes are less expensive but less informative too.

5R55E R&R (Section 307 and 265 pages) is included in my 2005 Ford Workshop Manual (FSM).

Probably a safe bet it's included in the 2001 FSM. To confirm I would contact the eBay seller before ordering even though they state a "14 day100% money back guarantee" less return shipping in their listing. It's in writing, go for it. GL

5R55E R&R (Section 307 and 265 pages) is included in my 2005 Ford Workshop Manual (FSM).

Probably a safe bet it's included in the 2001 FSM. To confirm I would contact the eBay seller before ordering even though they state a "14 day100% money back guarantee" less return shipping in their listing. It's in writing, go for it. GL
Is the 5R55E the transmission? I have 2- 2001 ST, retiring this June, plan to restore both, one for me, one for grandson. Trying to gather information.
Thanks
Art Call

Anyone have the R&R manual for the transmission on my baby? I've got the book to rehab the tranny itself, thanks. Looking for a good video or PDF.

Thanks!!!!
There are a few of manual transmissions in junkyards the rangers ones fit ..., I have 2/st manuals
One extra tranny ... keep a eye out for them..there 200 dollars at junkyard and they hardly ever go bad

Question, I just got done rebuilding my 5r55e on my 03 Sport Trac. Not bad to do, there are youtube videos that help. Mine has been out a couple of weeks, putting it back in, and I can't remember if the bolt for the vent tube is a bolt or stud? Tip, get a couple of longer bell housing bolts, and cut off the heads for guides. It makes lining up the transmission a lot easier. Thanks John

Question, I just got done rebuilding my 5r55e on my 03 Sport Trac. Not bad to do, there are youtube videos that help. Mine has been out a couple of weeks, putting it back in, and I can't remember if the bolt for the vent tube is a bolt or stud? Tip, get a couple of longer bell housing bolts, and cut off the heads for guides. It makes lining up the transmission a lot easier. Thanks John
I found my missing bolt. Good luck on the rebuild.

These are the two videos I used for reference. I also used a 5r55e teardown video. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240428_134805_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_134805_Samsung Internet.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240428_134851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240428_134851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts