2002 explorer rear ac not cold

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven W

Reaction score
hey guys, been a long time since i posted on here but you all always seem to have the answers so i figured i would ask. Im working on my wife's 02 EB explorer with rear a/c. Already researched and corrected the faulty blend door actuator problem. However, even after fixing that, the AC still is not cold. Adjusting the temperature only makes the air come out either HOT or room temp. The freon is charged and full. What else could be the problem. thanks!

yes, the blower is working. The front AC is just fine. The rear AC blows out HOT or room temp air only though.

If you are 100% positive that the system is properly charged and is free of air and the rear temp blend door motor is working as it should then chances are that the expansion valve in the rear unit is bad...happens all the time

TOmmy and I1tech, thanks for the advice. I was thinking it was the expansion valve as well. The rear vents are getting plenty of air, its just not cold.

Latest posts