2002 ST Help locate fuse and relays for AC/heater blower

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that info.
They all appear OK.
I am getting voltage at the connector to the blower. Looks like the blower burned out, should I also replace the resisters?
TIA

Attachments

• 20220612_113104.jpg
    20220612_113104.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220612_113748.jpg
    20220612_113748.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220612_113808.jpg
    20220612_113808.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220612_114008.jpg
    20220612_114008.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 18
Try lightly tapping on the motor housing with a hammer for temporary relief. Sometimes that helps for time until you can replace motor.

The voltage remains the same at all fan speed settings, and hitting the fan doesn't make it work.
I recall now that I noticed the fan was really cranking great for a while up until it stopped.
So What is a good selection of replacement fan and resister? O'Reilly or Amazon?
Also I looked around and it seems I must remove the air filter box, the fluid reservoirs and another black box which are all located on that side of the engine compartment?
Your suggestions are invaluable. (very valuable)

Also make sure the wire pigtail isn't rusted to the resistor, happens alot and causes a no work situation but you can still read voltage... places sell the resistor and new pig tail together.

I replaced the blower and resister and my AC is back. I ordered the blower from Amazon and somehow I ordered the wrong one. I DID order the correct resister and pigtail. It was a Dorman. Went to O'Reilly and they had the correct fan and cage. Lifetime warranty. Returned the wrong one to Amazon for credit. The new fan and cage was $100. It did not come with the gasket so I reused the original which was pretty shabby but was still in one piece. Held it in place with contact cement. As I saw on online, I moved the airbox, fluid reservoirs, and some other thing right in front of the fan, (cruise control servo?) so there was enough room to work on it. The wiring cables were intact, but resister was a little corroded so I replaced it. If this repair lasts 20 years that will be fine with me. Thanks 2 the forum for the advice.

My AC quit again after operating a couple of weeks (after replacing the fan and resister.)
The compressor is clicking. The fan is blowing.
Earlier in the month when I was troubleshooting and the AC was not working and the fan wasn't blowing, I noticed the evaporator was cold and had condensation on it and the adjacent pipes. (That sort of indicated the AC was cooling but needed the fan. But now, it (the evaporator?) is not cold. I got a tank of refrigerant with a gauge, and I think there is refrigerant in the system. Any tips would be appreciated.

Maybe it's not called the condensor, maybe it is the dehydrator or condenser?
If its the compressor, what are the steps? Do I need to buy equipment to recharge the system?
TIA

ShraderValve is simular mechanical device as what's in your tires;
used to check Freon pressures & evacuate+charge the system,
one on LoPressure side, one on HiPressure side of Compressor.

I replaced the EGR and PCV valve, and got a P401 code already.
The warm idle is about 600, and runs pretty well and idles smoother than before.
Suggestions?

P0401 = EGR Insufficient Flow, could be bad EGRVacController or bad DPFESensor.

Both those items were already replaced, the valve was a
Motorcraft, but the sensor was a cheapo.
Maybe I'll get a Motorcraft
How about the intake manifold gasket?
Thanks for the valuable feedback!

Both those items were already replaced, the valve was a
Motorcraft, but the sensor was a cheapo.
Maybe I'll get a Motorcraft
How about the intake manifold gasket?
Thanks for the valuable feedback!
There you go.!

The Motorcraft EGC sensor costs a lot more than all the others.

I bought one that listed compatibility with the 2002 ST , not the Motorcraft but the electrical connector doesn't match.
Maybe the previous owner changed the connector.
It has two shiny washers on the body, and the hoses fit. The connector doesn't.
Right now the vehicle throws a P0401 code every few days with the sensor I bought a few months ago and the valve which was installed last week.
I either buy an electrical adapter or buy yet another sensor. What is the correct part number? I threw out whatever was in there before.

Using the Motorcraft sensor cured the trouble code! Seems logical. Motorcraft EGR valve & sensor.
Now I want to troubleshoot the ABS light which comes on randomly.
I purchased the Forscan lite app to use with my ODBLX module, but do not know how to set this app up to use it. for much of anything. I was able to use the OBD app for tach and speed, and check engine codes, but not able to figure out the forscan app yet. Any tips would be appreciated.