2002 Tow Package

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is easy. There was never a tow package available.

Stock, the Trac came with a 4 pin narness in the back and an auxilery tranny cooler, but there was not a tow package.

Tom

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=430

Try something like this........ worked for me.......... plugged into changer slot.

Does anyone have the 2001 PDF that shows the available colors and options for a model year? I remember a package when I ordered in March 2000 that called out heavy rate springs.

I've got an '01, and it came with the tranny cooler, the wiring harness, and a 2" reciever. Isn't that a tow package?

As far as I know, on Tracs a receiver hitch was never installed at the factory. Did not see one on the '05 options list. But I could be wrong. A hitch could be a dealer-installed accessory or added later. I had two late-model Rangers previously, one with the factory "Tow Package", which consisted only of a receiver hitch. Both had a 4-pin connector standard. Auxilary tranny cooler is standard with an automatic.

I've got an '01, and it came with the tranny cooler, the wiring harness, and a 2" reciever. Isn't that a tow package?

Nope.

The wiring harness and the tranny cooler are equipped on every Sport Trac made. The hitch was installed by someone before you got it. It never came from the factory that way.

Tom

You are correct. There never was an option package titled "towing package". The trailer wiring was standard and the ball mount on the bumper was standard. There was no option for a 2" receiver from the factory. If there was a 2" receiver then it was dealer installed as previously stated.

Latest posts