2004 ST Thermostat Housing Replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello fellow ST'ers,

I need to order all the necessary parts to do my ST's thermostat housing. Should I use the aftermarket housings etc, or stick with original? I certainly don't want to do this job twice. I live in the Bahamas and will be incuring some steep import charges.

Let me know your honest experiences with this!:eek:nline:

Everything you need in this link. Change the bypass hose while it's apart. (Motorcraft KM3269)

Last edited by a moderator:
IF you only have a single sensor, use the RH148 one hole housing.

Eliminates having to buy the red SW6146 sender to use only as a plug.

One less chance of a leak. Only the gray DY1004 ECT sensor is needed.

Unless it's chassis or suspension, I usually stick with OEM parts.

Check with sponsor Fast Parts Network or Amazon for pricing. GL

I live in the Bahamas and will be incuring some steep import charges.

Is there a ford dealer for any of fords brands there? If so I would compare their price to ordering from the states. Definitly OEM for the housing IMO. A part like that. not sure if I trust the aftermarket. Then I also feel like it is a catch 22. IMO that part should last a life time.

Out of all the cars I have had. The trac is the only one that ever needed, that part. Uper or lower. Weird design flaw IMO....

Agree Eddie, almost always the welded seams that split apart.

The previous design had weak threaded sensors on top of that.

Mike- If only the lower housing is leaking, only a few parts are needed for this repair.

Lower housing, ECT sensor, and the two o-ring seals. Changing the thermostat and

bypass hose are recommended if they are the original. Be glad to help, just ask.

EddieS'04,

There's a Ford dealer in Nassau(the capital) but it's not very convenient to order from them. I can beat their prices as well by ordering from the States.

I'm on the island of Green Turtle Cay which is 3 miles off the north shore of the mainland island of Abaco. Just Google GTC Abaco and you'll see where we are.

I'm looking at Rockauto for these parts. Their prices seem pretty reasonable too!

I'm looking at Rockauto for these parts. Their prices seem pretty reasonable too!

Mike,

Please give serious consideration to buying the parts from our site sponsor, Torrie at Fast Parts Network. Doing business with our sponsors helps keep this great site free to all of the members. Not only that, but Torrie's customer service is outstanding, and he has a bunch of experience with our Sport Tracs.

Latest posts