2005 trac lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Q

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m looking to add JUST a little lift to my 05 Trac.

3 or 4 inches

I’m new to the lift thing never lifted a truck before.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

How much do you want to spend?

You either do a suspension lift kit for about $2k, or a body lift for $300.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank, I think it's mostly about "why" you are lifting the truck. If it's for off-roading, the suspension lift, although more expensive, will give you better clearence. If's it's just to lift the truck, the body lift should be adequate, and a whole lot cheaper.

Well Les I do go off roading, but i dont go nutz, because i dont have the height.

here's a question,

if i lift just the body, i will get that huge space between the wheel and wheelwell, right?

i hate that space!!!! lol.

then again what if i raise the body and put on a bigger wheel assembly, like 18 inch rims/tires? hmmmm that just dawned on me...

Frank, maybe someone will chime in that has done the body lift and has pictures in their library. This may give you a better idea. Also, scroll down the ST of the Week pictures, you will find some there.

When you install a body lift on an ST you dont see that huge gap. I actually have both a body lift and a suspension lift on my ST.

The suspension lift requires removing the lower portion of the front suspension and front diff (LCA,Torsion bars). If you are somewhat mechanically inclined it is not that hard. In my opinion the suspension lift was actually easier than the body lift. The suspension lift for the rear is done with new leaf springs.

Frank said:
here's a question,

if i lift just the body, i will get that huge space between the wheel and wheelwell, right?

i hate that space!!!! lol.

That's why you buy bigger tires. :D

Here is the before and after for my 2001 with a 3" body lift and 285 tires.

before

[Broken External Image]:

after

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts