2007 Air Pressure Sensor reset

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64972

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
When I rec'd my new 2007 ST, the tire pressue was set ar 45 - 48 lbs. B pilar sticker said to set at 35 so I dropped pressure in all 4 wheels to 38 lbs. Now the warning light is on. I don't see it in the manual and the dealer and FORD have been of no help? How do I reset(recalibrate) this so the warning light goes out?

Thanks, Gary

Not familiar with the Ford sensors. Possible the 45 to 48 psi was over range and damaged them. Just a thought from a ex intrument tech, familiar with that type of technology.

Thanks for the info. This really irriates me that I have to return a new vehicle to the dealership just because I put the correct air pressure in the tires. Oh well...other than that, I love my ST.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy 2007!!

:D

Thanks, Gary

Talked to FORD today and the rep said that I would have to have the light reset at the dealer. I give up....I just filled them back to 44 PSI(warm) which is the max listed on the tire. I wonder if the sensors are set at 44 lbs even though the B pilar says 35 PSI? I am still going to try to get someone at FORD or the dealership to tell me what the pressue and the sensors should be set at? Love the ST so far except for this item and the weird shifting habitsof the 6 speed tranny.:)

Not an item I would have ordered if it were optional. I check my own tires an a regular basis. It would be nice if FORD would explain why the sensors won't work when the pressures are set to the B pilar specs? Might just have the sensors removed and the system disconnected.

The 07 Sport Trac is funn to drive though....just waiting for it to snow....

:D

How exactly does the label of the B-pillar know the max rating of the tire mounted on your ST? Wouldn't it be better to look at the rating on the tires sidewall?

The sidewall of the tire lists 44 PSI as the max rating. The manual says, as best I can tell, that the tires should be filled to the inflation information (35 PSI) that is on the sticker in the B pillar. That is what the manual says to go by. I dropped them to 38 lbs, since the weather is getting colder here in Ohio so they wouldn't be under inflated. The TPMS(Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light came on. Called the dealer and talked to the salesman who in turn passed me to a person in the service area. The service person also told me to use the B pillar air pressure listed. He also said I should be able to re-set the TPMS myself. I could not find it in the manual and then emailed FORD. They said that the dealer would have to re-set it for me. I just went back to 44 lbs to get the darn light off and will tinker this weekend to see what pressure it takes to cause the TPMS to light up. The service manual says there are different color sensors for the inside of the wheel for different applications. Maybe a wrong set was installed. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way or possibly doing something wrong? Oh well, it gives me something to mess with so that I don't complain about the weird shifting habits of the 6 speed.

Like i said, so far I love the Sport Trac. I've been wanting one for years. Just under 1000 miles and this is the only real gripe I have. I don't even see what the big deal is with the door handles. Easy to find once you figure out where they are.

Thanks for the responses,

Gary:D