2007 Automatic A/C delay & then sudden full blast?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Aguda

Reaction score
TItle sums it up. I'm wondering if any 2007 ST owners have this happening. I get into the car, start the motor with the A/C already in the auto setting. Instead of the gradual build up of the fan speed, I sometimes get no fan and then a sudden blast at full speed until the cabin cools down. Of course, sometimes I get into the car under the same conditions and the fan spools up slowly. Asking beacause my prior experience with FORS's auto climate control has been the slow spool up. Anyone else notice this?

Otherwise, this is the most useful vehicle I've ever had!

Thanks

Joe

Yep, same here, Joe. If I leave it on automatic, the next time I start the truck (usually in the garage) it goes full force until I get a few blocks/miles away, and then it adjusts accordingly. I agree, that it is the most usefull vehicle that I have ever owned. I am about to test the towing capabilities of my V8 with a 20ft. 3600lb. trailer in a week or so, when we head up to Rock Creek in the foothills to camp. It is 108, here in the valley of central CA, so the higher you go,,,,,,,,,,the cooler it is,,,,,,,,I will update later on that towing,,,,,,,,,best of luck with your 07 and enjoy, Mark:D

Mine is the same way, I sometimes just turn it down for a bit and then let it slowly cool down, cause the blast of air usually isn't cool

Thanks for the responses. Its much easier to ask others with the same vehicle to see if there is a legitimate concern before going to the dealer. Here in the New Orleans area, its pretty hot. Full blast then the slow down like everyone else has experienced. Great truck.

Thanks

The basic idea is to keep the blower speed low when you start up the vehicle so that the hottest air is already out of the hvac before the blower motor pushes the air into your face/body etc. Just about all of the automakers have a version of it for the automatic climate control systems. Manual systems (without an "automatic" mode) are a different story.

Latest posts