2007 factory tonneau

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was lurking around the local dealer lot as my '04 ST was being serviced (it has the factory cover), and a older guy and his wife were looking at an '07 with a factory cover. I overheard the older guy say to the sales guy: "Do I have to get it with this cover? I think I want one I can roll-up instead?"

I fought the urge to butt in and explain the dozens of reasons why I like my factory cover:

1) It's tougher than a soft cover so I feel my "stuff" is more secure.

2) It's easy to get into, front or back.

3) It came with the vehicle and since I negotiated the price of the vehicle down to the bare paint I know I got a good deal on it.

Sure, I guess a big one-piece fiberglass might look nicer, but to me it isn't as handy.

TJR

I'll 3rd those opinions, and add that I think the factory unit was one of the highest selling points of the truck. I've used it numerous times, already, and this is my first ST. My wife and I can easily remove it, if needed, and it comes in handy for those things that we all put in the bed, that 'just might blow out', if they werent covered,,,,,,,just my 3 cents,,,,,,,,,can I get suggestions on what to use to treat/clean the cover? Thanks, Mark;)

Latest posts