2007 Front Seat ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Geisen

Reaction score
Are the front seats in the 07 ST the same as an 06 Explorer?

I work in a machine shop and its just a matter of time before I get grease on the new seats,

I'm looking for a seat cover.:D

80% of the ST is 06 explorer....

So yes...

Todd Z

I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same. A good point was brought up about new seats. Should you use a seat cover on seats with side airbags installed in them? I would think the seat cover would need to accomodate the airbags somehow. Food for thought.

Edit: A quick search and I now realize that many seat covers are available specifically for seats with airbags incorporated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You pose an interesting question concerning side air bags and seat covers. My only thought was, according to my sources, the side air bags are deployed from above the window. They are not "in the seat." Therefore, I don't think one would need to be concerned about seat covers.

You learn something everyday! I know the air bags are called "side curtain airbags", and I have seen the crash tests on TV and the airbags sure look like they "drop down" from above. I can't imagine how a side airbag in the seat could provide much protection. It could "shot up" from below, I suppose, but I don't think that approach would work as well. Once again, I am not an expert (and I didn't stay at a Holdiday Inn Express last night). I am simply going by what the Ford guys told me when I was asking about the difficulty of replacing the current armrest with the Job 2 version. That's when we got into a discussion about the side airbags.

I know the air bags are called "side curtain airbags", a

The Side Curtain air bags of which you wrote are optional bags for roll-over protection. They do deploy from above.

The airbags in the seat are for side:D crash protection and they are standard equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
ww is correct, they are 2 different animals...

Todd Z

That explains it! I have ordered the optional "safety canopy", which is what I had asked the Ford rep about. Thanks for the information. Very helpful.