2007 Owners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Hunter

Reaction score
Boy it has been a long time since last post. Let me get right to it - I had a 2002 ST, Aspen green, I want to hear from a 2007 owner who also owned earlier year (2001-04). How do they compare?:rolleyes:

I've had Ghosty (see library) for 2 weeks tomorrow. Been from Houston to Gainesville, Georgia and back in it, and I'm here to tell you, folks, this is one sweeeeeeeeeeeet ride:wub::D I had a red 2wheel drive 2001 job1. Got it in April of 2000, I believe. It was, and is, a great truck. My best buddy's daughter is driving it to college. It has about 90,000 miles on it, and it still looks good, drives good, plenty of power, never broken, always ready to run. That '01 is the reason I have the '07 now. I mean, the '01 was such a good truck, how could I buy anything but a new ST? I did not even really consider anything else. If pushed, I would say, (at some risk from the older owners, er, older ST owners, er, owners of older STs) the '07 drives better, feels heavier...is heavier, actually. Look under the front end of the '07-look at the size of those spindles-this is one TOUGH TRUCK. (Uh oh, I sound like that guy on the Ford website.....scarey) Not that the '01 is not tough-it is. I put it through some hard stuff pulling a many a mile a loaded 4 wheel car hauler weighing 5000 - 5500 lbs. Put it this way. I liked the way the '01 drove and rode, and I love the way Ghosty drives and rides. I think Ford's hit a home run. (I am speaking of the V8 six spd, by the way....)