2007 Parking brake cable replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE442

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Some where way to close to the effen city
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Good evening....

The other day I was parking my 2007 Sport Trac on my steep driveway and pushed a little to hard on the parking brake pedal and the pedal went to the floor after the cable snapped! I see the cable was hanging down and had sheared underneath behind the drivers seat area. Just curious how tough a job is the replacement and curious if a factory replacement might still be available. Any info appreciated.

OLE442

How tough a job is a relative term. The cable runs from the pedal through the floor and the length of the l/side frame rail and attaches to each rear brake drum. It's not a job that takes much skill or special tools. But it's not a physically easy job, you'll be on your back for about 90% of the time. Crawl under the truck and follow the cable, see if you think you'll be able to accomplish it. Not at sure about the availability of an OEM cable. Aftermarket cable should work with no problems..

Depends what cable you broke... there are 3... Need to know what side broke first...

Latest posts