2007 rear window travel ( sunflector )

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lukus

Reaction score
I am using the same sunflector on my 2007 rear window from my 2001 Job 1. If I drive with my rear window down when it rains, water will come in. My 2001 did not do this. The travel of the 2007 window is 2.5 inches. I not sure of the travel of my 2001 but again it would not let the rain in. Is their a limit switch that controls the travel of the rear window ? Does anyone else have this same issue with their 2007 or was I just lucky that my 2001 had less window travel ??

Thanks

Teh same one fits on there?? I thought that the '07 would be wider. I haven't seen one specefically for the '07 yet. It seems like the '07 opens more in the vent position than my '01 did.

My vent visor on my 2003 will let water in if it is raining or there is water on the roof......

I think you just may not have noticed it......

Most here have had water come in...

Todd Z

Todd

I NEVER had water come in my 2001. If I did I would have been doing the same thing as I am now, LOOKING to correct it. A wireing diagram is the next place that I will look !!

I've never had water come in with the rear window deflector. That's the entire reason that it's there is to block the rain from coming in when it's in the vent position. Obviously, if the window is entirely open then it can't protect much, but it's really nice to have that little breeze through the cab when it's raining. That goes for the side window deflectors, too. They keep the water out, but let a little air flow in.

My sides work flawlessly, But the back has allways had water come in.... Maybe they perfected the design... Who knows....

Todd Z

The opening in the vent position is about 1 3/4". My '03 has the Ford rear visor on it. It has never allowed water inside when the glass has been in the vent position.

Can you post some pictures of your visor?

My vent opening on my 2007 is 2 1/4". Travel of window is 2 1/2". I think that the Ford rear sunflector is the same as the ventshade. I know my Ford bug shield was. I am working with my wifes new camera for some pictures and will re-post.

my 2003 opening is well over an inch, More like 2....... That may be why....

Todd Z

I have to agree with everyone else. My 2003 opens about 1.75 inches. My Ventshade hangs down about an inch below that and I have never gotten water in either.

Chris