2007 ST Navigation System

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the Nav system-- I have heard Summer 06-- so is that going to be in job 2 with the power rear window? I am hoping to have one in late June, but my local dealers seem to not know much about Job 1 even-- one dealer was trying to get me for the SVT version and hadn't heard the news about those

We have an 05 Escape hybrid with the built in Nav. It's ok but not as good as the TomTom or my Pioneer AVIC N2. My wife says it is a little slow in finding you and it makes her turn on the wrong streets, and sometimes it says she is driving off road. So I hope they use a new model in the newer cars. Maybe someone knows already if it's different. Gary D. inCT

I believe they told us in Dallas in an option in job 2 with the window we all love, However Ford could suprise us. I know job 2 is going to have some other toys as options as well.

oh look at the nav optons in the current or 06 model of the Explorer ? maybe it will be the same :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know ....I just know we have things to look forward to and was told, we would be pleasantly surprised. Ford never kisses and tells, they like to tease us ha ha

IMHO, Nav systems are a waste of money. The CD with the maps is obsolete the day they are made. My brother has one in his Lexus, and his street is not on the map (he has lived in his house for 10 years). My fiancee has one in her Volvo S-80, and it can't find the only Volvo dealership in Oklahoma City (It gives her directions to another town nearby).

You'd be better off with a laptop or PDA nav system from DeLorme, which can be updated while online. They are cheaper and the map data is more current.

Nelson, I have to disagree about the nav being a waste of money. I use both of mine quite a bit and have found every street that I wanted so far. I use it for work making house calls and it's a great asset, don't have to stare a map anymore. I'm sure it will come up short one day but it's been great! Gary

Thanks for all the info--- I think I am going to hold off till job 2-- then i can have more money for the new toys! :D