2007 ST - ?? on Trailering

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Ewing

Reaction score
Am seriously looking at buying V8 - 2007 to haul trailer.

Question: can the ST be equipped to haul 5-wheeler??

Will be towing live in motorcycle trailer.

Thanks for the input

Bill

No can do, The Bed is still plastic, You could cut and go to the frame, But not worth it at all..

Todd Z

You're supposed to bolt to the frame anyway. The main problem with the ST is that with the short bed, you won't be able to mount the hitch far enough back and still retain a usable turning radious. First time you try a hard turn you're going to hit the corner of the trailer on the back corner of the cab. You'd be better off getting something with a full size bed, or take Q's advice and start scoping some pull-behind models.

I saw a very short 5th wheel RV and it looked like it could be pulled by the ST if you can get the hitch mounted to the frame. I think it was a Scamp 19' RV. The way the hitch is oriented, the front of the RV would only be a few inches forward of the tailgate and I don't think it would hit the cab in a hard turn. Obviously, can't be certain though. Certainly a standard trailer and hitch would be easier, but it would be nice to know if you can attach a 5th wheel hitch.

Thanks for the input - especially the ones that did not think I am crazy.

I knew you had to attach to the frame.

I am persuing this further - will be awhile - going to the SUNFEST in West Palm Beach, FL

We will be supplying Old Time PhotoBooth (3) for the Festival.

These booths are what we will be in the trailers - PLUS I am looking at one that has a Live in option in the front of the 18 ft trailer.

Since the one I am looking at is custom made - it might work

Will keep you informed if it can or will be done.

Bill