2008 4.0L IAC Location

Help Support SportTrac.org:

JWX109

V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Morning All,

I'm either blind or its out of my sight range, but where is the IAC location on the 4.0L 6 Cylinder 2008 Sport trac?

Picture of aprox location would be great.

I want to get in there to give it a good cleaning.

EddieS'04

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
I'm not sure but, the '08 model might not use an IAC. Idle may be controled by a drive by wire throttle.

swshawaii

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Ditto Eddie. No external or serviceable IAC used on 2007-10 second gen Sport Tracs or late 2004 thru 2010 third and fourth gen Explorers. Pretty sure this applies to all vehicles with electronic throttle control.

DILLARD000

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
@swshawaii
Not sure if your 2005 V6~4.0L~SOHC had an IACValve originally, or if it was removed with your custom mods?
If you do have the IACValve,
there's a SetScrew on the back connector end, hidden under a plug\seal that can be removed+replaced;
here's info on how to adjust it for lowering the ColdStartFlareRPMs.

swshawaii

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
Thanks @DILLARD000
My engine is stock with a modified Zabteck throttle body and SCT custom tune. Motorcraft CX2065 should be identical to what's there now. I'll go out later and check for a plug that covers a screw.

On EF several people mentioned removing the startup flare with another tune. When he was in business could swear I asked Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning but never got an answer.

DILLARD000

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 Wheel Drive
Reaction score
It's the round black spot in the middle of the electrical connector end;
carefully cut it out with an exacto\razor knife; should find either an AllenHead or PhillipHead SetScrew.
May take several days+nights & cold morning starts to get it set where you like it.
I just wrapped the entire IACV body with electrical black tape over the SetScrew,
until I had it completely adjusted, then made a new SetScrew plug\cover with RTV.

Latest posts