2008 rear seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Heywardjr your description made it real clear. As with you my dogs are my concern. Now all I have to do is decide if I'm ready to give up my Lightning.

Thanks Heywardjr your description made it real clear. As with you my dogs are my concern. Now all I have to do is decide if I'm ready to give up my Lightning.

I think the reason for the extra space in the '07-10 tracs is that the rear passenger compartment is larger than in the Gen 1, thus not total coverage by seats when laid flat.

Jim

C Ray and Oldtimer...thanks....I think it's important to point out that the Gen and Gen 2 are really so different in many many ways. I did not realize that until I purchased my 2008 after selling my Gen 1. Really different vehicles in huge ways like the seats....AWD.....length...height.....width....gas tank door on other side......the list goes on!

So, if you are going from Gen 1 to Gen 2 beware! It's a huge improvement for sure. I was blown away at the time at all the things changed for the better.

C Ray and Oldtimer...thanks....I think it's important to point out that the Gen and Gen 2 are really so different in many many ways. I did not realize that until I purchased my 2008 after selling my Gen 1. Really different vehicles in huge ways like the seats....AWD.....length...height.....width....gas tank door on other side......the list goes on!

So, if you are going from Gen 1 to Gen 2 beware! It's a huge improvement for sure. I was blown away at the time at all the things changed for the better.

Instead of folding the seats why not cover them. I have 2 medium size dogs that go in the back seat and I would ball like a baby if the leather got messed up. My wife made a 2 sided blanket with straps to go around the headrests of the front and rear seats to hold it in place. One side is fleece to give them some traction on corners and such, and the other side is vinyl for waterproofing. The dogs are the only ones that ride back there but the blanket is removed and installed quickly with buckle clips (she made another with Velcro straps).

At least with the smaller dogs the blanket blocks them from climbing between the front seats and protects the back of the seats. You could shape the material to cover more such as the top of the back seat or perhaps the headrests.

These covers are available commercially but it's cheaper to make and you can customize it.

Instead of folding the seats why not cover them. I have 2 medium size dogs that go in the back seat and I would ball like a baby if the leather got messed up. My wife made a 2 sided blanket with straps to go around the headrests of the front and rear seats to hold it in place. One side is fleece to give them some traction on corners and such, and the other side is vinyl for waterproofing. The dogs are the only ones that ride back there but the blanket is removed and installed quickly with buckle clips (she made another with Velcro straps).

At least with the smaller dogs the blanket blocks them from climbing between the front seats and protects the back of the seats. You could shape the material to cover more such as the top of the back seat or perhaps the headrests.

These covers are available commercially but it's cheaper to make and you can customize it.

Latest posts