2008 Sporttrac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they introduce the new fuel cap system in the 2008 Trac Line. And maybe put in those power rear windows at release this time. And maybe make them more off road worthy than the 2007 even....and maybe give the v8 some more power......thats all i can think of right now.

for the rear window, it be nice if they would make it much like the old bronco's windows, so u can put them at any level u want, course it be better if it was the whole back window and not a 3 piece. but yeah, i agree, sometime mid-summer

The fuel cap on all fords is being changed, i didnt mean cap as in capacity, i meant cap as in the lid. They are making it so there wont be any access door it will be racing style where you just insert the fuel pump without opening a small door and unscrewing a gas cap.

The fuel cap on all fords is being changed, i didnt mean cap as in capacity, i meant cap as in the lid. They are making it so there wont be any access door it will be racing style where you just insert the fuel pump without opening a small door and unscrewing a gas cap.

New and innovative. Welcome back to the past.

Tom

Or, for a few bucks you can buy one at the auto parts store. But it's still on the wrong side.

Not only is it on the wrong side, but why won't ford make it a locking fuel door with a release inside the vehicle? Even cheap japanese cars have this!

Fuel filers.... sheesh. I wish there was a standard:

'02 Sport Trac.... Driver's Side

'96 Taurus.... Passenger's side

Same manufacturer... gah. I have to fill them both up and constantly have to think about it. Why?

How about a real oil pressure guage?

A real voltmeter?

A real Ammeter?

A real coolant temperature guage?

Won't happen because when people see them gauges fluctuating they run back to the dealer because "something is wrong". So thanks to some general public stupidity everyone pays the price.

I'm surprised the 07 Sport Trac doesn't have an arrow on the instrument cluster near the fuel gauge with the caption "FUEL DOOR". My 02 Ranger has one. Must have saved them, what, 2 bucks per vehicle to omit this? :(

On the bright side for me, after switching to a Sport Trac, at least now I will have three vehicles with the fuel filler door on the same side.

So it will be basically the same as the '07? No new options or anything?

blksn8k -

there is an arrow next to the picture of the gasoline pump between the E and F on mine.

hard to see, but it is there.

Latest posts