2009 STA for $12,899 ?!?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scum like this need to have their arse sit in jail for awhile. The problem is, some people (typically 'seniors' fall for this stuff. They lose their life savings, but at least they get a spot on the local news.

:fire:

Here's the one I got.

:fire:

Hi,

Thank you for being interested in buying my 2009 Ford Explorer Adrenalin, 16,142 miles, Transmision: Automat , VIN: 1FMEU23E99UA05759. It is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident; the title is clear.

My final price on it is US 12,900 $

I just got divorced and I decided to move closer to my parents. Right now I'm located in Canada and the car is here with me. The car was awarded to me in our divorce. Being a single mother and not having a driver's license I decided to sell the car. As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this.

So don't get me wrong and don't take it personally but I would prefer to secure the deal through eBay. Also because the car will be shipped from Canada to US I prefer to work with a third party in order to keep the both of us safe in this deal. I will be assured you will buy the car and you will be assured that you will receive it! Basically the money wil be sent to them and they will keep the money until you will receive the car and only after you will inspect and drive the car they will forward the money to me.

If you have other questions feel free to email.

Regards,

Susan

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it funny that the scammer thinks that anyone with little bit of common sense and internet know-how would fall for this scam. Why would you advertise on CL, then say that you'd prefer to secure the transaction through eBay? If so, then link the eBay listing.

At least

I goggled the Vin# and it came back to a vehicle being sold earlier in Illinois. I'm sure this is not from the original dealer and the vin# was gleamed to make the email reply look good. Unfortunately someone somewhere will bite for the fake ad and lose their hard earned cash. It's basically like the flooding of thousands of spam email with false advertising. It only takes one or two suckers who bite to make it successful for the bad Guys. The bad Guys are more apparently educated than the average CL buyer unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would find it hard to feel sorry for anyone who loses money on this. I just consider it a stupid tax.