2010 Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I have a red 2008 Adrenalin with a V8 and AWD with 214K kilometers. You did a good thing to find this forum. Lots of good information.

Thanks MV
Yes I have been reading for a while.
how are your wheel bearings? I have replaced the front ones but not the rears yet.

When I bought the truck, the owner had bought but not installed shocks, ball joints, upper control arms and rod ends. I installed them and checked the wheel hubs for any looseness and didn't find any. I don't know if they have been changed before as I'm the 3rd owner.

Hi guys. I have a 2009 Adrenalin with 330,000 Kms, owned since new. I’ve replaced front hubs probably three times on each side. I run slightly larger tires (265/50R20) - might be harder on bearings. I just recently replaced one rear bearing.

Thanks MV
Yes I have been reading for a while.
how are your wheel bearings? I have replaced the front ones but not the rears yet.
I had to replace the left front wheel bearing on my 2010 Limited at 143,000 kilometres, but so far so good with the other three. I’ve got to say, I love this truck.

I'm replacing the brake pads today, I'll check the hubs again. It's been 6,500 kms since I've had the wheels off, new tires and front end alignment.

Hi guys. I have a 2009 Adrenalin with 330,000 Kms, owned since new. I’ve replaced front hubs probably three times on each side. I run slightly larger tires (265/50R20) - might be harder on bearings. I just recently replaced one rear bearing.
I have a 2010 with 100k on it. I changed the hubs twice and found that the calipers dragging to be the cause. The truck looks great with near Red calipers on it.

Welcome, its slow here but a great forum.....

I could find no issues with the hubs on my Sport Track. It has 133K on the odometer.

I have a 2010 Adrenalin with 180k kilometers. I replaced both front bearings at about 150k.
One rear bearing got wrecked when a car parking next to me hit my tire with his bumper putting a lot of pressure on it. Did not realize for a while till I was getting new tires and they said my wheel was almost falling off.
They tried to replace it but had trouble getting it out of the hub and broke the removed rear knuckle when they had it off. They Ended up installing a used knuckle with used bearing in it! I want to change the bearings now as I am getting some speed sensitive whine on the left rear. I have seen some videos where they find it us the brake shield plate that is rusted off and rubbing. In any event since my earlier experience and knowing how hard it is to remove the bearings on a rusty knuckle, I am considering buying used knuckles off a wreck at 50 a piece and getting new bearings put in them at a shop that specializes in this work and then switching the knuckles with those on my truck. Any ideas or thoughts or problems I am missing?
Thanks

Yea, reminds me of a similar issue I had on my 2009 STA. Had a licensed millwright helping me replace a rear bearing. We had it in a hydraulic press and I finally stopped him when we were at 15 tons. Took it out and examined it more carefully. Found we were trying to push it out backwards. Comes out much easier when you’re pushing in the right direction. You have to be really careful with these as it’s not that easy to see which way the bearing needs to go.

Latest posts