2010 Limited 4x4 & 2010 Adrenalin 2wd

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okcurrell

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
2010 Sport Trac Limited 4x4
92,000 miles

Mods:
Dual Exhaust w/chrome tips
K&N CAI
Zabteck throttle body
Sprint Booster throttle enhancer
SCT X3 programmer (91-Octane custom tune)
Black overlay decals for emblems
Adrenalin headlights
265/60/18 Nitto Ridge-Grappler tires
Konig SSM wheels 18x9
trailer brake controller
Husky splash guards (front/rear)
led bed light
Roof cargo carrier bars removed
Sylvania LED fog lights
PowerStop Z37 pads and rotors
My Trac DS.jpg

2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin V8 2wd
107,000 miles

Mods:
Upgraded radio to OEM Navigation
K&N replacement filter
SCT X4 programmer (91-Octane tune)
Sprint Booster throttle enhancer
Sylvania LED fog lights

2010_Sport Trac Adrenalin.jpg

I'm showing my ignorance, but I thought all Adrenaline's were AWD. You mention 2x4 above. So that goes against what I had read. Did they make multiple versions?

Also, is it naturally aspirated, or super-charged? I know they originally wanted to make them SC from the factory, but I don't know if they ended up having any come out that way, or if they did away with that desire. I read the Wikipedia info on these trucks, as I have always really loved them (same way I loved the Lightnings). I'm still learning, and am trying to get good 100% info. :)

Editing to add, I LOVE the look of that second pic. VERY-Good-Looking truck, and I'm a Mustang guy. :)

They were made both ways, most of what I see out there are AWD. No supercharger at this time. Thanks for compliment.

All Adrens are sold as AWD, they are more of a slip and grip clutch in the transfer case..... the limited and xlt has the full function transfer case.

All Adrens are sold as AWD, they are more of a slip and grip clutch in the transfer case..... the limited and xlt has the full function transfer case.
Not sure what to make of this...

I asked about AWD, as I've owned a couple AWD vehicles in the past (at least as I know that to mean, the most recent of which was my ex-wife's 2014 SHO, V-6, twin-turbo, said to be AWD). When I say AWD, I mean that they're always gripping, at least I think.

I have an '08 V8 4X4 SportTrac. I don't consider that AWD, as I don't ever turn on 4X4 (at least, haven't had to, yet; hope it works when I do get stuck fishing!)

Todd - are you saying that my truck's 4X4 is as much, or better, than the AWD in, say, that SHO? I'm honestly ignorant of most all things transfer-case related, so anything you can educate me on will be well-received. Thanks!

Latest posts